Vibe FAQs for Teachers and Educators. Touchscreen Smart Boards for School.
Q: How can my remote students see their teachers drawing on a whiteboard?
A: There are a few options to share Vibe remotely:
- From the Vibe board, join or host your video conference application (ex: Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet) and then share your screen so students can see any content shared on the Vibe board.
- Share a link (edit or view only) of the whiteboard with your students so they can interact with you on the canvas in real time or view content in real time (note: with this option, they will not be able to see any content shared from screencast or 3rd party apps - only what is in the Vibe board app)
- You can also export the Vibe board as a PDF after a lesson and share the file with students after the class.
Q: Can students interact with the whiteboard in real-time? Even without a Vibe board?
A: Yes. Vibe is a cloud-based software that is accessible on any web browser or tablet, and Vibe also has an app for iPad (the mobile app is view-only).
If you want to share a board, simply share the link of the Vibe board you are using as a link (or copy into the chat during your video conference) so they can interact with you on the canvas in real time.
Q: How can I record the screen of the whiteboard?
A: There are a few options to do screen recordings on Vibe:
- Record your screen using a 3rd party application, such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or Google Meet.
- Use a 3rd party app called ‘XRecorder’ to record the screen.
- Use the HDMI out port with a capture card or cable to another device.
Q: Can you open a web browser on the side of the whiteboard and import pictures from a website?
A: Yes. You can open a web browser app (like Chrome or Opera) and screenshot the pictures you want, then select which board to save your images to.
You can also do this in a split-screen mode, to make it easier to see which pictures you have already imported.
Q: Can you import images, PowerPoint, and PDF files into the whiteboard?
A: Yes. Vibe supports all of these formats, depending on which cloud storage option you are using.
Read more: Learn which file formats are supported.
Q: How is the learning curve of this tool? Do you offer training?
A: Using Vibe is similar to using a giant tablet or iPad. It is easy to learn and fun to use! Vibe doesn’t require extra computers, projectors, or calibration. Setting up Vibe is similar to installing a new TV.
You can find video tutorials on our website, and we provide complimentary onboarding training sessions.
Third party apps
Q: Do you support Zoom? Microsoft Teams? Google Meet?A: Yes, Vibe supports most popular video conferencing apps, including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, WebEx, Skype, RingCentral, and more.
Q: What education-related apps do you support?
A: Most popular educational apps are supported on Vibe, including Canvas, Google Classroom, Blackboard, and Flipgrid.
Pro tip: If you are tech savvy, you can also enable the Google Play store on your Vibe board to try out additional third-party apps.
Q: Can you connect to Windows/Mac/iPhone/Android phones?A: Yes, Vibe boards support screencasting from a variety of devices. Please see recommendations below:
|Windows||EShare (free third party casting application)|
|Mac/iPhone||Airplay or EShare (free third party casting application)|
|Android||EShare (free third party casting application)|
Read more: How to screencast
Q: Can you draw on top of the screencast or HDMI content?
A: Yes, Vibe supports annotation during HDMI or any screencast option.
Read more: How to annotate