FAQs for Teachers and Educators
How can my remote students see their teachers drawing on a whiteboard?
There are a few options to share Vibe remotely:
- From the Vibe board, join or host your video conference application (ex: Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet) and then share your screen so students can see any content shared on the Vibe board.
- Share a link (edit or view only) of the whiteboard with your students so they can interact with you on the canvas in real time or view content in real time (note: with this option, they will not be able to see any content shared from screencast or 3rd party apps - only what is in the Vibe board app)
- You can also export the Vibe board as a PDF after a lesson and share the file with students after the class.
Can students interact with the whiteboard in real-time? Even without a Vibe board?
Yes. Vibe is a cloud-based software that is accessible on any web browser or tablet, and Vibe also has an app for iPad (the mobile app is view-only).
If you want to share a board, simply share the link of the Vibe board you are using as a link (or copy into the chat during your video conference) so they can interact with you on the canvas in real time.
How can I record the screen of the whiteboard?
There are a few options to do screen recordings on Vibe:
- Record your screen using a 3rd party application, such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or Google Meet.
- Use a 3rd party app called ‘XRecorder’ to record the screen.
- Use the HDMI out port with a capture card or cable to another device.
Can you open a web browser on the side of the whiteboard and import pictures from a website?
Yes. You can open a web browser app (like Chrome or Opera) and screenshot the pictures you want, then select which board to save your images to.
You can also do this in a split-screen mode, to make it easier to see which pictures you have already imported.
Can you import images, PowerPoint, and PDF files into the whiteboard?
Yes. Vibe supports all of these formats, depending on which cloud storage option you are using.
Read more: Learn which file formats are supported.
How is the learning curve of this tool? Do you offer training?
Using Vibe is similar to using a giant tablet or iPad. It is easy to learn and fun to use! Vibe doesn’t require extra computers, projectors, or calibration. Setting up Vibe is similar to installing a new TV.
You can find video tutorials on our website, and we provide complimentary onboarding training sessions.
Third party apps
Do you support Zoom? Microsoft Teams? Google Meet?Yes, Vibe supports most popular video conferencing apps, including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, WebEx, GoToMeeting, Skype, RingCentral, and more.
What education-related apps do you support?
Most popular educational apps are supported on Vibe, including Canvas, Google Classroom, Blackboard, and Flipgrid.
Pro tip: If you are tech savvy, you can also enable the Google Play store on your Vibe board to try out additional third-party apps.
Can you connect to Windows/Mac/iPhone/Android phones?Yes, Vibe boards support screencasting from a variety of devices. Please see recommendations below:
|Windows||EShare (free third party casting application)|
|Mac/iPhone||Airplay or EShare (free third party casting application)|
|Android||EShare (free third party casting application)|
Read more: How to screencast
Can you draw on top of the screencast or HDMI content?
Yes, Vibe supports annotation during HDMI or any screencast option.
Read more: How to annotate